Nepheline

BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
Please don't think I haven't researched this on the Web because I have, and potters know about this mineral,but not apparently the cosmetic industry. 
I have a pretty sizable sample of one-micron nepheline arriving tomorrow. I guess the words 'clay mask' are in my mind, but do any of you have any other ideas? Holding my breath waiting for suggestions.
Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    We use it in metal polish...
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Maybe I can find some customers in the Heavy Metal music biz! Just joking. I have a large amount of white kaolin coming with it. I had better make sure to store it in a separate area from the stucco. "Dahling, the clay mask seems to have set very hard this time. I can't get it off."
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Nepheline Syenite is very important to making glaze for pottery, so that's a possibility if you need to get rid of it.

The stuff we use, Minex from Unimin, is abrasive enough to work well as a metal polish, so I think using your 1 micron powder as an exfoliant in a cleansing product, or as a main component in a microdermabrasion scrub would work well.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
    Great suggestions, thank you very much. We don't have a scrub product yet, so that's an interesting thought. These are UMC mineral products I think. 
    I've got 40Kg of that Minex material. The thing I don't like is the respiratory risk, it is so fine. Completely inert filler, might be useful in soap or as Bob suggests, a scrub.