Laundry Detergent Formula

jj7jj7 Member
edited February 2014 in Formulating
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. I was doing some research and came across this site. Does anyone have a good detergent formula that would cost under 1 dollar in raw materials? I am looking for a 2-3x concentrate that would make a finished product that would perform well at 1-1.5 ounces per load. I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    You can find formulas in the following resource.

There might be some laundry detergent formulas in there.

Just realize that when you ask for a formula there are chemists here who make a living out of coming up with formulas so it's unlikely that anyone would just give away something that they've spent years of their lives developing.  It would be like asking a famous pastry chef for their best cake recipe.  

I'm certain there are people here who you could hire to come up with a formula like the one you described. 
    ;)
  • Thanks a lot for the link. I understand completely. I probably should have clarified that I am not looking for someone's personal work, but rather more of a common formula similar to those that the larger chemical companies provide. Pilot Chemical has quite few. I actually have narrowed down to 2 formulas that I'd like to use, but the materials are little more costly than my margins will allow. As I was doing some research and saw all of the helpful information on this forum, I thought I would post to see if anyone has experience formulating one of the "common formulas" that are readily available and could offer any advice. Again, I am looking for a formula that would average around $.90 in chemicals. Do you think that will be feasible? Thanks again for the link and any insight is greatly appreciated.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    You did the right thing by checking with Pilot. Just expand your search to the other surfactant manufacturers, BASF, for example.

Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."