Natural colourant

BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
I came across this completely by accident and recalled that there had been a mention here somewhere of PPD-free colour. For what it's worth. 
Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.

Comments

• Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    edited August 2015
    that'd be because it's a direct colorant

all direct colorants are PPD-free by nature; you'd only ever use PPD in an oxidative colorant (it's colourless until it undergoes oxidative polymerisation)

"PPD-free" claims on direct colorants are technically correct, but given their context, they're nearly as nonsensical as "gluten-free" claims on bags of salt
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • ALGARALGAR Member
    I agree Bill, infact to substitute PPD in permanent hair colour does not mean absence o diamines. I've been trying  with 2.5 PTD with pretty good results but the way to a complete range of effective
    hair colour is still long.
    Algar
  • I do agree with Bill but in addition to this It may contain Sodium picramate or a natural dyes like Indigo & Henna combination. pH of this kind of hair colors is towards acidic side while in oxidative dyes pH is alkaline when mixed with H2O2.