Curly hair moisturizer- formula help

I am trying to create a daily hair moisturizer for my natural hair line. The intended audience is women with kinky,curly ,coily hair type.
Can I please get some feedback on my formula. I want to product to hydrate the hair as well as soften.

Water- 60%
Aloe leaf juice 20%
Glycine betaine sugar extract 7%
Propanediol - 5%
Panthenol -2%
Bamboo extract - 2%
Algae extract -1%
Creating- 1%
essential oil-1% for fragrance
Preservative-sodium benzoate -1%

Comments

• DavidDavid Member
    edited September 2015
    Nothing totally wrong with it - it could work with the right marketing. (assuming you have the right pH)
    However I think you could learn from this post:
  • chemicalmattchemicalmatt Member, Professional Chemist
    Good thing you have propylene glycol in there (aka "propanediol") else this would be one sticky mess. In fact it may still be one - is this the case mello?
    Also, whassup with the creatine (sic "creating")?
  • @Chemicalmatt yes it is a bit sticky.I am trying to make it less sticky, any suggestion.

@David. Thanks for the link. 

• MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    @Mello:

You can reduce the stickiness by reducing the Panthenol to 1% and the Betaine Sugar Extract down to 3% and increase the Bamboo Extract to 8% ... I am assuming that the Bamboo Extract you are using is in Water ... or is it in Glycerin?  If in Glycerine, up it to 4% or so, if in Water you can go up to 10%.  That should help considerably with the stickiness.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • @Markbroussard thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.