Reviewing this formula

RahmaRahma Member
edited February 2014 in Formulating
INGREDIENTS: AQUA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE POLYGLYCERYL-3 LAURATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, VP/DMAPA ACRYLATES COPOLYMER HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE POLYSORBATE 60, SIMMONDSIA CHINESIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, DIMETHICONOL, AMINOPROPYL DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL, VP/DIMETHYLAMINOETHYLMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, PANTHENOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, PARFUMGUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHOLRIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEG 90M, CITRIC ACID, BENZALCONIUM CHLORIDE, PANTOLACTONE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, HEXYL CINNAMAL. 

Just wondering what comes to mind when you see this formula? 

Comments

• A hair stylizer? 
  • Yes, but anything special about the ingredient list?
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    It's for the EU since the terms Aqua & Parfum are used and they list the fragrance allergens.  
  • The ingredient listing is messed up - commas missing and ingredient names joined together.
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    they've also misspelt "benzalkonium" and left out the hyphen in "PEG-90M"
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • You guys are such perfectionist! 

It has actually been listed like that (can you believe?) also, it is a curl cream that is being retailed at £45.

Bill, thank you...took your advice and submitted the form. Will keep you posted how it goes.
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    hell's teeth! what do they do, fill it into solid gold tins?!
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • Hahahah, that is what I thought lol