How to document stability testing

Hi there,

I have read several posts about how to do stability testing in-house at your own lab. We always test our products for stability ourselves, but are thinking about sending them to a professional lab to get it all documented. 

My question is, if you do stability testing in-house, how would you document it? Anybody got any examples of documents that features results from stability testing?

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    There is no mandated format. The Personal Care Products Council (formerly CTFA) has some guidance but generally the forms and procedures are developed locally using the guidelines.

Incidentally several months ago Perry did a webinar on this topic. I am unsure if a video transcript is available.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • if parameters like ph viscosity,and appearance and perfume are measured at intervals like 1 month,2 month,3 month ad so on across temperatures like 8-10 (as control),25 °c and 40/45°c then in a tabulated form along with images of the product at those intervals will be a good way to keep rexcord of stability study of products.