labs to have products tested

Unknown Member
edited March 2014 in Requests / Opportunities
Im looking for a lab to have my products tested for stability and bacterial growth. Im new to all this and the lingo. Im a hobbiest right now but am looking to have some things tested so I know its safe to use and possibly sell in the future. Thank you for your help. Ive looked online and havent found a lab. I found one AMA but they said I had to be corporate.

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    You might check with @The_Microbiologist

His company is Cosmetic Test Labs and does the kind of testing that you are talking about.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I have used Ben at Cosmetic Test Labs and sent clients his way. He has nothing but ringing endorsements. Definitely the way to go.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Thank you very much
  • DavidWDavidW Member, PCF student
    Yes, give Ben a call.  Very trustworthy and a really nice guy !!!
    http://cosmetictestlabs.com/
  • Unknown Member
    Hi, we are in the process of re-confirming (via a lab) the tests performed by our Contract Manufacturers on our 1st batch of Lip Stick and Lip Gloss products.

My question is - Apart from the good old fashioned way of wearing the Lip Sticks and Lip Glosses and assessing their durability, is there a suggested 'do at home' crude way of assessing the durability / robustness?  I am not a Chemist but I understand that smearing Lip Stick / Lip Gloss on Ceran wrap + squirting water, etc.. on them may be an option.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    I don't think that there's a decent substitute for actually evaluating them on the lips.

That said, the closest you could come to easily accessible artificial lips would be silicone rubber - try using ScarAway or something similar as a substrate: http://myscaraway.com/products/index.html#Long-with-Flexisil 
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Unknown Member
    Thank you for the suggestion.
  • Thank you all for the kind comments!!!!

I'm on the forum to help as much as I can and if my lab can assist with testing that's great too.

For testing help visit us at Cosmetic Test Labs