Usage Rate - Sodium Lactate

I've been looking at numerous sources for recommended usage rate for Sodium Lactate (60%) and have found from 1 or 2 percent to 10!  What would be the best resource to find the answer?
Tagged:

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I have always found 2-3% to be sufficient.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • We have just done some test moulds of a cold process soap with a high percentage of olive oil using Sodium Lactate (60%)  at 1%, 2.5% and 4%. We will have an initial idea of the results in about 30 days after curing.  Based on the trace data and initial appearance of the bars as they went into the curing room, the 2.5% may be the way to go, but will wait for the results from our testers after curing before making a decision.
    Dr. Mike Thair
    Cofounder & Chief Formulator
    Indochine Natural
  • Thanks for your input.  I have tried it twice in a shaving soap but am unsure of the results and will have to experiment a bit more to see what will work best for me.