plastic microbeads are been banned in EU

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Thank goodness.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • PharmaSpainPharmaSpain Member, PCF student
    not says I am not agree, just to inform about EU regulations ;)
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I think for all intents and purposes, Plastic microbeads are rapidly on their way out. Not a big deal as we have numerous other alternatives and I expect to see more as the distributors see this as an opportunity for new materials.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    @PharmaSpain these are laws within individual member states; the European parliament itself has not yet passed any union-wide amendment

I recall this started to be flagged 1-2 years ago, and suppliers have slowly but surely been phasing them out of their catalogues since then 
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries