Calblend SF

BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
Has anyone tried Calblend SF from Pilot Chemical? It is a sulphate-free blend based on sodium olefin sulfonate. Thickens with electrolytes.
Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.

Comments

• johnbjohnb Member, Professional Chemist
    May be sulfate free but it is not sulfonate free. Is there a arguably important difference between the two, other than marketing departments?

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I have tried the Calblend SF as well as their Calblend ECO. It worked fine. I think it wasn't used that often again since if I recall it took so much trouble and so much time to get the sample in the first place. They also make several other similar surfactants such as their AOS 40.

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    I recall it took so much trouble and so much time to get the sample in the first place
    Uh huh. Thanks for that. I'll see what happens when I try to get some.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.