Cylclopentasiloxane Alternate

What would be a good direct drop in for Cyclopentasiloxane? For use in new projects with powder finish of skin treatment and color cosmetics products.

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Take a look at Schercemol and Hydramol esters.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Depends on why you use it. If you need a volatile liquid, you might have to go with low viscosity dimethicone.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • What's your thought on a 10cSt Phenyl Trimethicone? Or perhaps a PEG-10 or PEG-12 Dimethicone at about 200 to 900cSt? 
    I'm guessing you don't really need the volatility or the skin feel of the Cyclopentasiloxane, then? Neither of those will come close, although 10 cSt Phenyl will be closer.

Cyclopentasiloxane is about 0.1 cSt. or less.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • This is helpful. Thank you!

• I'd like to recommend Nusil's CXG 1101 or CXG 1104 for ultra matte feel. These are my favorite.