Resource for Chemical & Physical properties

GigglesGiggles Member
edited May 2014 in Resources

Hi, Can anyone recommend a reliable online resource for obtaining chemical & physical properties of typical cosmetic ingredients?

Thank you,

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    The best place to get that information is from suppliers of the raw materials.  You might be able to find most of what you need in the INCI Directory.  
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    To my knowledge, there isn't one - you have to contact manufacturers individually. Innovadex (now Prospector) can help, as can the PCPC buyers guide.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Actually, the closest thing to a common, one-stop resource is Wikipedia.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Wikipedia.  Good point @bobzchemist

• GigglesGiggles Member
    Thank you guys!
  • nasrinsnasrins Member
    wikipedia isnt good in my opinion
  • nasrinsnasrins Member
    and inci dosnt give any chemical physical porperty, it just takes about the roe of materials . I think the best way is to search in several websites and gather information from them.