Pls I need help

Hi family, I am new here and need your help. I attempted making dishwashing liquid but it came out watery. The ingredients used for 10litres of soap were:

Sodium chloride.....250g
Soda ash....125g
SLES....250g
Sodium sulphate....500g
Natrosol......62g
LABSA.....500ml
CDEA.......125ml
Color
Fragrance
And sodium benzoate as preservative

The procedure used (copied it online):

-Mixed SLES and 125g NaCl together well
-then added 2 ltrs of hot water to the mixture gradually
-then added LABSA, CDEA, soda ash solution, sodium sulphate solution, Natrosol solution, preservative, fragrance and color

-added remaining 8 ltrs of water
-added remaining 125g of NaCl

Pls what could I have done differently? Could it be from the chemicals or their measurements or the mixing procedures?
Can I remedy this batch?

Pls I'm a complete novice, kindly guide me. Thank you all.

Comments

• LilLil Member
    Pls help me get it right.
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    First, this is a cosmetic chemistry forum. not a household chemist forum.
    Second, please express formulae in percentages.
    Third, please be patient.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    @Belassi ;
    Fourth that is one of the most vague formulations I have ever come across. It's like an amalgamation of powder detergent and manual dish wash. 
    @Lil how did you arrive at this formula and what is your benchmark here. 
  • LilLil Member
    @Belassi pls I am sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. Like I said, I am new here....just saw this blog online as I sought for help
  • LilLil Member
    I really dont know how to express formulae in percentages. If you will be kind to explain to me, I wil. I already said I was a novice....just decided to try out the formulation I saw online
  • LilLil Member
    @Chemist77 I saw the formula online and decided to try it out. Pls help me with a better one. Thank you
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    If you search the forum you will find that there has been a previous thread about calculating percentages. You should not be making batches of that size until you have perfected the formulation, or you will waste a lot of money. Do NOT believe in online formulae until you prove them.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • LilLil Member
    Thank you @Belassi, let me search, hopefully I will see the thread.
  • ozgirlozgirl Member, PCF student
    This is not a good starting formula for a dishwashing liquid.

Try searching for Stepan formulations as a much better starting point.

• LilLil Member
    Tnx @ozgirl