Water source/spec for facial care products

Writing to see if anyone cares to share their view on the "standard" or best practice for sourcing water used in production of facial care products. I read the February thread in which someone suspected water from the municipal line might be causing color shift. I want to know in the real-world what water most people use for production batches (e.g., deionized, distilled, demineralized). Thanks!

Comments

• PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    I prefer distilled water of pharmaceutical quality (PhEur/PhH).
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    Many of the facilities that I have worked at or toured utilize deionized water. They will purchase a system to produce this grade. These systems are maintained and quite common.

Nobody should use municipal/potable grade water. 
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    We always used deionized water in both the lab and in production.
  • SchehrSchehr Member
    We use RO water (with a stringent testing protocol) both in production and lab.
  • We use RO water with regular in-house testing plus annual test by external lab to confirm our in-house tests.
    Dr. Mike Thair
    Cofounder & Chief Formulator
    Indochine Natural
  • DoreenDoreen Member
    Distilled and deionized water.
  • SkinNPSkinNP Member
    Very appreciative! Thanks
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    We use only the finest organic vegan natural water, harvested from morning dewdrops on succulents in the high sierra, by indigenous fairtrade peasants clad entirely in recyclable textiles.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.