Defoamer

BimsmideBimsmide Member
edited October 2014 in Formulating
I need a defoamer. I usually experience high foam when washing blending tank. It waits water, time and energy. I will appreciate suggestion on chemical to use as de-foamer.

Thank you.

Comments

• Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    From your previous posts I am guessing you need to wash the tanks which you have used for dish-washing liquids and similar kind of products. I have seen that lower alcohols like ethanol act as very good de-foamers, could possibly use IPA as well here. 
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Foamaster (Texopon) might be of interest?
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • @belassi u mean texapon?
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Yes, sorry. Texapon Foamaster.

Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • @milli. Thank you. I've been offline for days. Sure to revert.
  • xenon126xenon126 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hi!

I don't know if it's a preoccupation for you, but Xiameter AFE-0010 Antifoam Emulsion is a food grade product. You can also ask for a sample free :) and use it. It won't take a lot of this product to have an effect so you can do a lot of tests before buying it! 
  • DavidWDavidW Member, PCF student
    Make a low foaming wash to use