Need Formulator/PLM

hishine1hishine1 Member
edited November 2014 in Requests / Opportunities
Hi

I need the assistance of a formulator - prefer one with some PL contacts...  GELS, GELS, GELS!!  Must be an expert with gels... water based, solvent based and anhydrous. Novel products, nothing to copy off the shelf, so I need an innovative thinker.  BTW..... GEL not Creams... lol

Fire away any contacts :-) 

Thank You!

Comments

• I'm not quite sure what you mean by PL. But today's your lucky day! Pretty much everyone in this forum can help you make gels. Take your pick. 
  • PL = Private label.

Are you talking hair gels?
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Private Label has a specific meaning in the cosmetic/personal care industry - it means taking an already developed and tested product, and putting your own (private) label on it. Typically, no customization is allowed, and there is no exclusivity. The company I work for, Beaumont Products, does a fair amount of this type of work.

It sounds like you are looking for a service called Contract Manufacturing, which is where you give your own formula to a manufacturer, and they make it for you.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Hi hishine,

If you are interested in novel cellulosic gels, we could definitely help you. We have the co-inventor of HPMC and co-author of 20 patents involving cellulose derivatives on staff here.
  • DavidWDavidW Member, PCF student
    See if Mark @ http://www.microformulation.com/ can help you.  He is very good. 

Also BobZchemist may be able to help.  Both are on the forum.
  • MarkHkangMarkHkang Member
    edited February 2015
    Do you mean gel as in nail polish? I suppose PL = Esstech? 

Try to contact Lou Palermo at lou@palermolundahl.com. He is one of the upper management people at Esstech. He will kindly help you with samples too.