Which of these essential oils is thought to be most volatile?

I am going to be experimenting with silicon dioxide as an EO fixative, and would like to know which of the following EO's is considered most volitile.

I figure I will work with the worst problem child first....and the others should fall in line.  :)

Lavender
Lemon Euc.
Geranium
Clove
Citronella
Pine
Clary Sage
Cedar
Rosemary
Lemongrass
Grapefruit
Basil
Litsea Cub.
Sage
Thyme
Peppermint.

Thanx!

Comments

• I never worked with silica and EO, but I would say that any lemon/citrus family, peppermint and mint family, following with " Italian spice mix" lol - rosemary, sage etc. That would be my personal guess.? Some EO you mentioning here are pretty strong and can be harsh on the skin. 
  • Bo77 said:
    I never worked with silica and EO, but I would say that any lemon/citrus family, peppermint and mint family, following with " Italian spice mix" lol - rosemary, sage etc. That would be my personal guess.? Some EO you mentioning here are pretty strong and can be harsh on the skin. 
    Thanx!

Yes...I have studied them top to bottom.  They make up a small percent of the overall product, and the gentlest ones are used at much higher levels than the harsh ones.

Been wearing this product daily....for almost two years.  365 days of summer where I live. 
  • I think you should have a look at perfumery forum. In theory the top (or head notes) should be volatile. In this case citrus EOs