Help my multipurpose detrgent smells bad

I am currently producing multipurpose detergent,but unfortunately my worker's made mistake of storing the produced multipurpose detrgent in unwashed storage tanker, it smells really bad can I fix the smell please help me.

Comments

• Change storage tank maybe it's unwashed storage tank bad smells if bad smells persist then use formaldehyde ihope it's bad odour go away
  • Farrukh said:
    Change storage tank maybe it's unwashed storage tank bad smells if bad smells persist then use formaldehyde ihope it's bad odour go away
    Thank you for your response,, I tried formaldehyde but it still smell bad.
  • Would you like to share your formulation
  • @EngineerAMANAUEL ;
    It may be contaminated with microbes. Is your preservative strong enough?
    What was in the unwashed tank? 
  • Abdullah said:
    @EngineerAMANAUEL ;
    It may be contaminated with microbes. Is your preservative strong enough?
    What was in the unwashed tank? 
    It was dish wash tanker they stored multipurpose  with out washing it.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    Good manufacturing practices would ultimately dictate that you discard the entire batch. There really is no way around that. Some mistakes are costly.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Good manufacturing practices would ultimately dictate that you discard the entire batch. There really is no way around that. Some mistakes are costly.
    Ok if we don't have any options that's what we are planning to do.thank you for the feed back.