How can I discover who created an ingredient?

pmapma Member
I'd like to know who created the surfactant . PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, if it was created by Croda, Nikkol, Nihon Emulsion or Nof Corp. (all of them make and sell that surfactant).

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Get a sample from each of them with the Certificate of Analysis. Then conduct a study on each sample to see if there is some characteristic that is different about one over any of the others.
  • pmapma Member
    Perry said:
    Get a sample from each of them with the Certificate of Analysis. Then conduct a study on each sample to see if there is some characteristic that is different about one over any of the others.
    Hi Perry, I didn't understood why this test would show which company was the first one to create that ingredient...
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Perhaps I'm not understanding your question.
    Are you asking which company invented a molecule?

I assumed you had a raw material but didn't know who manufactured it. My answer was telling you one way to identify the manufacturer of a specific sample.

Perhaps, reword your question? What exactly are you trying to figure out?
  • pmapma Member
    Perry said:
    Perhaps I'm not understanding your question.
    Are you asking which company invented a molecule?

I assumed you had a raw material but didn't know who manufactured it. My answer was telling you one way to identify the manufacturer of a specific sample.

Perhaps, reword your question? What exactly are you trying to figure out?

Yes, I'd like to know which company invented that molecule...
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    Like Perry, I am puzzled why this info is important, but likely you would have to do a patent search as a first step.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.