Oil-based Cleanser Surfactant...

Any suggestions for a mild surfactant that is liquid and oil soluble for an oil-based (anhydrous) cleanser formulation? Requirements are: moderate foaming and substantive to the skin. A lively discussion would be great!

Comments

• I have a formula for a transparent foaming shower oil if you would like.
  • galinagalina Member
    edited February 2015

Crill 6 (Sorbitan Isostearate) and Cithrol GMO (Glyceryl Oleate ) from Croda may fit the bill in terms of solubility. It's unlikely that this type of surfactants will foam IMHO. 

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Cetiol HE?
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    @Belassi seems promising in this application.
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Just a thought. Have never used it myself. Would have to get a sample and try.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    I'd like to see that formula, @chemist1, if you don't mind sharing.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Glycerin - 12.27%

Hexylene Glycol - 2.63%

Decyl Glucoside - 20.58%

Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate - 15.34%

Sodium Lauryl Methyl Isethionate - 10.28%

Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate - 1.23%

IPM - 28.39%

Glyceryl Mono Oleate - 9.26%

Fragrace

• ozgirlozgirl Member, PCF student
    @Kemist - Maybe Olivem 300 and/or Olivem 400 might work in your application.
  • Many thanks to all the input.  I am evaluating some Barnet and BASF products. Decyl Glucoside and other AGP's are mild and provide great foaming but due to the water content (~50%) they are not fully oil soluble.  Also doing some work with phospholipids, etc.
  • Cetyl Betaine may work? That is usually in alcohol.
  • how to make thick dish washing liquid soap ingredients.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Please read the posting guidelines
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."